What makes bird nests troublesome?
The presence of pigeon nests poses various issues, including the potential blockage of ventilation routes. Their weight can lead to roof damage and the obstruction of drains, resulting in leaks. This becomes particularly problematic on roofs fitted with solar panels, as the nests may impede the ventilation system, causing damage to the PV panels.
Keep Birds at Bay: Tricks to Prevent Pigeon Nests on Your Balcony and Roof!
- Bird Spikes: Install on roof edges and balcony railings to deter landing and nesting.
- Seal Openings: Close gaps on roofs or balconies with wire mesh or blocking materials.
- Bird Netting: Cover open areas like balconies or roof terraces to prevent nesting.
- Regular Cleaning: Keep balconies and roofs free from debris that pigeons could use for nesting.
- Reflective Objects: Hang CDs, shiny tape, or wind chimes to create a deterrent effect.
- Maintain Cleanliness: Keep balconies free from food waste and seal garbage cans.
- Trim Trees and Bushes: Discourage perching or nesting by maintaining vegetation around your property.
- Chimney Caps: Install caps to prevent pigeons from nesting inside chimneys.
Wondering When to Bring in the Experts for Bird Pest Control?
If you're uncertain about applying prevention measures effectively and safely, it's time to reach out to a professional bird control company. Our team can offer expert advice, perform a thorough inspection, and implement effective solutions to ensure birds stay away from your property. Don't hesitate to contact us for a comprehensive and tailored approach to your bird control needs.
Are there ways to keep pigeons away without bothering other birds?
Many people enjoy having house sparrows, parakeets, robins, jays, and other small birds around but don't want pigeons or other bossy birds hanging out. It might be a bit tricky, but here are a few things you can try:
1. Use nets with wider openings.
2. Learn about where pigeons and smaller birds make nests so you can get rid of pigeon spots and keep the small bird ones.
3. Try using bird feeders that pigeons can't easily use, with smaller ledges or perches.
4. Avoid feeding the pigeons.